Okay, so tonight after we said prayers with the boys, Michael and Kelton left the room and I was sitting in the rocking chair cuddling with Gage and he said "Jesus". I said, "Jesus?" questioning if that is what he said. He shook his head yes and said "prayer". So, I said "You want to say another prayer?" and he shook his head yes and said some things that I could not understand. Then he clearly said "Daddy" then "Work". Then I asked him if he wanted to pray for anything else and he said "No". Then I told him to say "Amen" and he said "Amen".
I am always so amazed at my kids. I truly don't give them enough credit and certainly don't realize the things that they grasp. I wonder how much he understands about prayer. He obviously understands more than I give him credit for, but how much can a 21 month old understand about prayer?
I don't know how much he understands but I am so happy to see that he has an interest in prayer! Such a precious gift! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So so sweet! I love to hear Keaton's prayers. Especially when he prays for things I would never think of. I overlook the little things God gives us, but he seems to throw in things like ice cream and McDonald's. It makes me realize how much our adult minds overlook the simple things!!
Your time with them is so precious! I know these are the days we will treasure for the rest of our lives. Isn't it cool when you begin seeing how the small things are impacting their little personalities and desires. I am so proud of the parents you and Michael are!
Post a Comment