Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tomb is Empty!

I love Easter time for many reasons! Easter is a great time for my whole family to get together and have a great time, it's Spring Time (which I love), but most importantly it represents the day our Lord and Savior raised from the dead after He died on the cross for our sin. Wow! Enough said...!

We had a wonderful Easter! We got to go to Lubbock on Friday to celebrate my birthday, Ride on Thomas the Tank Engine, and of course, celebrate Easter.

I just have to brag on my Mom for a minute. She is truly the best! She worked so hard to get everything perfect for all of the kids. She made them CUTE Easter place mats, she got them Easter stickers, Easter paint books, and of course, the coolest candy! She kept those kiddos busy the whole time! She also did sweet things like making sure she had their favorite breakfast foods and snacks. She is by far the best Grammy in the WHOLE world!! She also made me Strawberry Cupcakes and my favorite meal for dinner (Chicken and Broccoli) on my birthday. Thanks so much Mom! I can't express how much I appreciate you and love you!

The kids had so much fun at "A Day Out With Thomas". It is well known that Kelton loves Thomas, so you can imagine how excited he was! They got to play with trains and tracks, color and stamp pictures, get a tattoo, meet Sir Topham Hatt (head of the Railway), and ride on Thomas. The kids were really good. It was freeeeezing, windy, raining, AND even hailing on us! They didn't seem to mind, though. They were getting to see Thomas! :)

The kids had fun on Easter. They had fun dying Easter eggs, and were really good about taking turns. They had fun hunting for Easter eggs too! They were all old enough to know what to do this year. ;) My dad made his famous ham for lunch!! Yumm! (Thanks Dad!)

When we got home, we went to Michael's parent's house. They made fajitas for dinner. Yumm! Then, Amma had a bag full of bunny ears, books, candy and stuffed animals for the boys. They LOVE their bunny ears! Thanks Amma and Papa!

I haven't uploaded the pictures from the weekend to my laptop, so I will have to post those later. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Sounds like you all had fun! I love the picture of the boys in the bunny ears!