Friday Gage started running a fever. If you know my boys, you know that when they run a fever, it is usually pretty high. His temperature has been between 103 and 103.5. Of course, it is a weekend so we can't take him to the doctor. So, he is running a high fever, but no other symptoms...so I just assumed it was his ears. He has been known to get ear infections. I called first thing Monday morning and got him a doctor's appointment. Kelton was so excited that we were going to take Gage to the doctor. His Aunt Amber is Dr. Cambre's nurse, so he gets special treatment from not only Amber, but from the whole office. He thinks he owns the place. He thinks we go to the doctor to see Ambra, Bobbi, and Dr. Crambi...and to play with the McDonalds, castle, and airplane toys too! So, when we got there, of course, Gage's fever had broke for the first time in days. Then Dr. Cambre looked in Gage's ears. She said his ears looked fine. I was definitely glad he did not have an ear infection, but at the same time I was thinking, Oh great! I'm sure they don't think anything was even wrong with him. Then, she looked at his throat and said that he definitely had a throat infection. It is a virus, so pretty much nothing we can do except keep giving him tylenol for fever/pain like we have been doing. After we got home, he took a good nap and when he woke up...his temperature was back up to 103.5. Of course! He didn't have a fever for like one hour in a span of days, and that one hour happened to be the one hour we were at the doctor! Just figures!
In the meantime, Kelton seemed to feel just fine! When we were putting him to bed he told us that his tummy hurt. We figured this was just a way to prolong going to sleep. He usually needs a drink of water and needs to potty at least once after we put him to bed. Anyways, Michael said, Okay come and see if you need to go potty. He sat there for a minute and didnt go. He got back in bed and went to sleep. At 2:00 this morning he came into our room crying. Michael got out of bed and picked him up and just as he did, Kelton threw up ALL over Michael. Michael is seriously the best Dad ever! He took Kelton to our bathroom and gently rubbed his back while he continued to throw up. He never once complained about the throw up that was ALL over him! I tried wiping as much off of him as I could. He hardly even noticed that it was even on him. He was just so concerned for Kelton. They both took baths and got all cleaned up and as soon as we put kelton back to bed, it started all over again. Poor Kelton! I ended up putting blankets on his floor and slept on the floor with him. He just wanted to know that I was right there with him. This morning, he is still not feeling well. He has been cuddling with me on the couch all morning. He also has a fever of 101. He has been begging for food. I told him that I didn't want to give him anything to eat because he would get sick again. He said, "I am so sorry I threw up in my bed Mommy. I don't want to throw up anymore!" It broke my heart! He thinks he is in trouble for being sick. He thinks I am punishing him by not giving him food. It is so hard to see my babies sick. They have no clue why they feel so rotten. I gave him some dry cheerios and hopefully he will keep it down.
So, both of my boys are sick with 2 different, contagious viruses! Please pray that they will both heal quickly. I sure don't want either one of them to catch what the other one has. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I hope the boys get to feeling better soon. I was getting a little upset with you for not posting the promised pics of Kelton's room, but it sounds like you had more important things to take care of. Give them hugs and sugars for me.
Aw, your poor boys. I will pray they get healthy quickly and don't catch the other's sickness! Oh, and it always works that the kids seem to feel fine at the Dr. I hate that!
Oh, and Michael is an awesome dad! You are very blessed!
We will pray for the boys. I'm so sorry they have been sick. I know that's hard.
DANG! Hope the little puke monster is feeling better! :) He probably is sick because he hasn't seen me in a while :) I miss you guys! Send some love to the gage-ster too! Sore throats are NO fun! Love you girl!
Post a Comment